So today is my blog's anniversary. It has existed for 5 months. When I started blogging, I barely new what blogging meant and what to expect from this activity. Here are some of the things I discovered about blogging:
1. The blog's popularity is growing much faster than I could have expected. Today, I already had 553 visitors and it's only 4 pm.
2. People who love hearing my opinions and talking to me in real life do not necessarily like reading my blog. :-)
3. The most popular posts are the ones that contain real life stories.
4. The most popular posts often get no comments.
5. Once published, posts circulate very widely without my knowledge. People repost them in the weirdest places.
6. There are communities out there that hate me and invent the most preposterous lies about me. I only discover their existence by pure chance.
7. People love to attribute some insane notions to the blogger and then condemn her for them.
8. Logical reasoning is not for everyone.
9. There are a lot more people who share my beliefs than I ever thought.
10. There are a lot more crazy people out there than I thought. There are also a lot more incredibly smart people than I thought.