2. Separatists who believe they need to preserve the "purity of race." (Not all separatists are like that, of course. Some are great, intelligent people. But there is a bunch of Nazis that gives all Quebecois a bad name.)
3. Weird language laws that discriminate against immigrants.
4. The system of higher education does not follow the liberal arts model. This means that students can get a degree taking only courses in their discipline. As a result, you sometimes see people with university degrees in business who never took a single course in Humanities.
5. You sometimes see women in burqas or women being led around on leashes.
6. The overexaggerated welfare system which believes that people who don't feel like doing a stroke of work their entire lives should have this "basic right" protected and guaranteed.
7. The structure of society that rewards the lazy underachievers and punishes the hardworking and the driven individuals.
Once again, feel free to add to the list. But be careful because I love Quebec passionately in spite of all the above-mentioned. :-)
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T