(In no particular order):
1. People dress really well.
2. It feels almost kind of similar to Europe.
3. There are sidewalk cafes.
4. There are no Evangelical fanatics.
5. It's easy to find food that's not insanely unhealthy.
6. Paid maternity leave for one entire year.
7. State-sponsored childcare.
8. The system of CEGEPs (pre-university college).
9. Free medical care.
10. People are very accepting of and curious about other cultures.
11. Very cheap university education.
12. You only see flip-flops on tourists. 13. People are progressive and open-minded.
14. It is possible to find food that isn't horribly unhealthy.
15. Nobody goes to church on Sundays. Or pretty much ever. Or if they do, they keep it to themselves which is just as well.
16. Nobody stares at you like you are crazy if they see you walking.
17. Nobody is shocked if you dress well.
18. People know how to enjoy life.
19. People love travelling.
20. People love hockey and nobody cares about American football.
21. People mostly know that Latin America is not a country in Africa.
If you can think of more great things about Quebec, feel free to add to this list.
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T