Friday, April 24, 2009

Job Search

Another weird job search related event just occurred in the bathroom of our department. A colleague stopped me as I was trying to enter the bathroom stall and told me that she received a call about me from my future employers who wanted to know whether I am friendly or not. This colleague was not on my list of references, I barely know her at all. It seems that the Dean of the hiring institution was calling people randomly to ask them about the level of my friendliness.

Being detained on your way to the bathroom does not make for a lot of friendliness on the part of the person detained. I did, however, try very hard to be as friendly as possible (under the circumstances) with this nice colleague of mine who, apparently, gave me a nice recommendation.

No comments: