Thursday, April 30, 2009

Daily Kos

Daily Kos is a great political blog. One of the things that make it especially enjoyable is the kind of signatures that people who leave comments choose for their posts. I hope the good people of Daily Kos will not mind if I post some of my favorites:

I don't drink, fornicate, smoke, or cuss. "Dammit, I left my cigarettes at the gay bar!"

I have been a selfish being all my life, in practice, though not in principle. - Jane Austen

Have you forgotten about jesus? Don't you think it's time that you did?

We have always known that heedless self interest was bad morals; we know now that it is bad economics. - FDR 1936

80% of Republicans want Palin to lead the Republican Party and 100% of Democrats want her to lead the Republican Party." Bill Maher

"I can't believe you can get pregnant from sex that lousy." From one-woman play "Exit Cuckoo".

The Republican brand: "Consequences, schmonsequences, as long as I'm rich"

I would rather have the freedom to live in a state of fear, than to live in fear of losing that freedom to the state.

When people show you who they really are, believe them." - Maya Angelou

If you've lamented the slipping morality of America while snorting cocaine off a male hooker's back during the filming of "Jesus Camp", you might be a Republican.

And the defining principle of my life: Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect -- Mark Twain.

http://www.dailykos.com/

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is also funny: ""I still say a church steeple with a lightning rod on top shows a lack of confidence."

Anonymous said...

And this: "If this is the best and the brightest, it's time for the average and mediocre."

Clarissa said...

Funny.

Is ""If this is the best and the brightest, it's time for the average and mediocre" in reference to the idiot who defended the bonuses for Wall Street losers?

Anonymous said...

This is not a signature (as far as I know), it is a bumper sticker, but I like it: "Your body is a temple? Mine is an amusement park!"
And, by the way, the car which had this particular bumper sticker also had many other feminist ones.
V.

Clarissa said...

I love this one! Never heard it before. I think I might make myself a t-shirt with these words!!