Monday, April 19, 2010

How to Work Less

Here is a really good article on how to create a lifestyle where you can dedicate less time to work and more to enjoying life.

In the past two weeks, I have been forced by the demands of the last month of the academic year to be at work 8 hours a day for 4 or even 5 days a week. And I have to say that it sucks beyond belief. Now I know why so many people in this country are depressed. The idea that most people live like this 50 weeks out of a year is scary. After just two weeks of this regimen I feel completely wiped out and unable to enjoy anything. I barely managed to wake up for my own Birthday yesterday. And I'm not even talking about those crazy individuals who work 80+ hours a week. This is just a regular, 40-hours a week schedule that most people have at work.

This is wrong, and we need to start changing this sad state of affairs.

The author of this article offers some really good, practical suggestions on how to acquire the most valuable commodity there is: free time.

Thanks to michaelalanmiller.com  for recommending this article.

No comments: