Monday, April 18, 2011

Summer Is in the Air

Thank you, everybody, for your kind, creative and intellectual Birthday wishes! I really appreciate it. 

The weather is so warm and sunny that it feels like we are now officially in summer mode. Summers are good because I will not have to teach. However, as Northern people, we find it quite difficult to adapt to Midwestern summers. We were planning to go to Missouri Botanical Gardens today but, after a full day in the sun yesterday, my husband had a sun stroke and is now suffering the consequences in bed.

I also look at the approaching summer heat with apprehension. The sun and the heat scare me. I have taken protective measures, though, in the form of Norwegian mystery novels where the word snow appears at least twice on each page. If I can't see the snow, I will at least read about it.

No comments: