Monday, November 30, 2009

A Woman's Place: Palin and Beck


Everybody who is familiar with my blog knows that I'm not a huge fan of Sarah Palin, to put it very very mildly. I have criticized her here, here, here, here, and in many other places. You can disagree with her politics, hate her way of presenting herself, dislike her penchant for expressing opinions about things she does not understand. But it is absolutely wrong to demean her because of her gender.


Glenn Beck, a disgusting parody of a human being, recently came out with the following statement on Palin that he, in his mind-numbing idiocy, probably considers funny. This was in response to whether he would consider a Palin-Beck presidential ticket in 2012: "I was just thinking, what, I'm going to take a back seat to a chick? Go shoot a bear, make some stew, I'm hungry in here. . . I’m just saying, Beck-Palin, I’ll consider. But Palin-Beck -- can you imagine what an administration with the two of us would be like? She'd be yapping or something, I'd say, 'I'm sorry, why am I hearing your voice? I'm not in the kitchen.' I mean, you'd have to live up to the evil conservative stereotypes, you'd have no choice but to do so." How is it possible that somebody capable of being so vile and obnoxious is even being listened to? Why do we allow such disgusting individuals to make money out of polluting our airwaves? What's wrong with us that somebody so miserable can even joke about running for president?

P.S. And of course, the second I wrote this, Google AdSense put an advertisement for Palin's new book on my blog. There is just no winning with this woman. :-(

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did it ever occur to you that he was joking?

Clarissa said...

Ok, if you like this kind of humor, here is a joke about you. The best place for people like you is to clen toilets for smart, superior people like me.

Feel free to come back for more jokes any time.