Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Thanksgiving Break Plans

As I mentioned before, never in my life have a I had such a difficult schedule as the one I've been working on this semester. So I decided to spend the week-long Thanksgiving break doing nothing. Of course, there are always some things that have accumulated over time. here what I will need to do before I can finally give myself over to a long stretch of blissful procrastination:
  • prepare final exams in two of my courses;
  • submit an article for publication. The text of the article is ready, but I need to choose a journal where to send it and format it according to that journal's requirements;
  • prepare a proposal for a conference;
  • start an article on the methodology of teaching my Advanced Conversation course;
  • finish three books that need to be read urgently and for which I never have the time;
  • do at least 10 more pages of the literary translation I am doing right now;
  • review a report for the committee where I've been working this semester;
  • grade a stack of papers and assignments that have accumulated and that are staring at me resentfully every time I pass them by;
  • record the last episode of the soap opera we are watching in class and hand in the Cds to the lab workers.
But after I finish all this, then I will be able to relax and do absolutely nothing.

1 comment:

Pagan Topologist said...

I am going to one of my favorite sf cons Thanksgiving weekend. It is called DarkoverCon.

http://www.darkovercon.org