Friday, November 5, 2010

TV Mystery Channel

One of the TV channels in my hotel room in Chicago has been showing this picture for the last 3 hours. At first, it was funny. Then, it became disturbing. Now, it's getting scary.

I love staying in hotels because they are always such Gothic places. Something eerie is bound to take place. People tend to live a lot more intensely when they travel, so the atmosphere in hotels is always charged with drama.

I can't wait to give my conference talk on the Gothic genre tomorrow. It seems very fitting to be talking about it at this particular political juncture.

I wonder, though, if the weird baby picture will stay frozen in place on that TV channel for good.

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

3 comments:

Pagan Topologist said...

This is strange, but I wonder if maybe someone prior to you (guest or employee) just paused something and then left without turning off the television set.

Pagan Topologist said...

Sorry. I overlooked the fact that this happens on only one channel. Very strange, indeed.

Anonymous said...

looks like there is a TV set hanging on his crib! maybe that's the one you could be watching ;)

M.