Monday, February 14, 2011

Flåmsbana, Trondheim, and the Beauty of Norway

I've never been to Norway but I'm dying to go. I spend hours online looking at the pictures of this beautiful country. One of the things I will most certainly do when I finally get there is travel on the Flåmsbana. It's a train ride that takes you through some of the most beautiful scenery in the world. Just look at how beautiful this railway station is.


This is the beginning of the train ride at Myrdal.
I would also love to go to the northern part of Norway. Imagine staying at this chalet for a while and staring at the beautiful view. It must be so quiet there.

And of course there is also Trondheim that is so beautiful that it's scary:


There is also this great picture of Trondheim:


Everything looks so serene and so right. I look at the pictures of Norway and get this weird feeling that this is how things should be. Maybe I lived in Norway in my previous lives. It would explain my love for extremely cold weather.

4 comments:

Leah Jane said...

Don't forget about Ålesund! That's my personal vote for one of the most beautiful places in Norway.

Clarissa said...

Oh, yes. Alesund, everybody:

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/thumblarge_287/1215536790w6PK9g.jpg

Pagan Topologist said...

I see you have solved the problem of putting letter-cum-diacritical-marks here. How do you do it? You said recently that blogspot would not permit it.

Clarissa said...

Blogger is improving in a variety of ways, which is very good. Not only can the diacritical marks can be put in posts titles but the Blogger now finally has a spell-checker. Also, if you look in the right-hand column, you will see that it has a counter of pageviews since May 2010. That's also fairly new. In the short time I have been blogging, many things have been added to Blogger. And I hear that they are working hard to improve some more. We'll see what that will bring us.