Sunday, February 27, 2011

Quality of Commenters

I read a post on yet another Clarissa-bashing blog. The post was nothing new, it just indulged in some unhealthy fantasies about my sad and lonely existence and evinced fake sympathy to the state of my utter friendlessness (which, of course, is a figment of the author's strange imagination.) I wasn't surprised at the post but the comments made me feel a little scared. Here are some examples:
Everyone has already said everything I’m thinking….but I wanted to add that I’m one more person that loves you 
Love ya! 
Bless you sweetie! 
I have no idea what’s going on here but I love ((((((you))))))

And it goes on like this for a while. I looked into other threads, and the comments are all in this same saccharine, cloying vein.

Then I felt very grateful for my commenters who never come to tell me that they have no idea what I'm writing about but they love (((me.))) My blog attracts all kinds of commenters but, save for an occasional troll, they are all intelligent people who offer arguments and not just fake, meaningless declarations of non-existing love.

Thank you for being you, guys!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hah, we,Aspies,all are straight and truthful folks.
BTW,I have no idea what...about...but still love ye...:-)
No: your blog really saved me personally from unnecessary diagnoses;also I find your style quite excellent and topics are always interesting;
also yours 179 vs mine 180 --you know what it is...i wish i can once see you in person, I never ever met someone like mine 180...hmmmm like to look at doppelganger...Ummmm--do not read anything sweet, no diabetes;-)

Izgad said...

It is so not fair. There is not a single anti-Izgad blog out there. Can someone make one for me? My birthday is tomorrow. :)

Clarissa said...

First, you'll have to learn to be as annoying as I am. :-)

Have a very happy Birthday tomorrow!