Friday, October 29, 2010

Weather in Southern Illinois. . .

. . . is beyond insane. Just three days ago we had the air conditioner on all day long because it was very hot. Then today I had to turn on the heating for the first time this Fall. The temperature will fall below freezing point tonight.

I've heard some colleagues mention that they accepted the job at our university because of the great climate in the area. This makes me wonder where they lived before coming here because of all the places I ever lived Southern Illinois has the nastiest climate.

2 comments:

BenYitzhak said...

I'm up in Indianapolis this year, and I almost considered putting on a jacket today. Still, I don't think it's time to dust off the long pants yet.

Vinod Khare said...

Yes, we turned on the heating for the first time here in Ohio too. :)