Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Another Stalker Story

My stalker story that I published yesterday reminded my sister of her own stalker story, which she kindly allowed me to narrate here. Once, many years ago, out of a misplaced sense of cultural guilt she gave her phone number to a Russian guy. Soon enough she realized that appeasing qualms of pseudo-patriotic conscience wasn't worth putting up with his uncouth company. The guy, however, wouldn't take no for an answer in the best traditions of our patriarchal homeland.

My sister kept avoiding him, hanging up whenever he called, trying to explain to him that she wasn't interested - all in vain. Then one day I had enough of it and decided to pick up the phone when he called.

"Look, you've got to understand that my sister has no interest in you. None. OK?" I said aggressively. "You need to stop being such a pest."

"Really?" he drawled. "OK, so what about you? Are you single?"

No comments: