Many bloggers are announcing a suspension of blogging for the holiday season. The good news is that new posts at Clarissa's Blog will be appearing as often - or even more often - as ever. Some of the topics I am planning to cover in the coming weeks are:
1. Comprehensive exams for doctoral students: an important rite of passage or a torture device?
2. What makes some of my scholarly research unpublishable?
3. A review of V.S. Naipaul's A Bend in the River, one of my favorite books ever that I re-read on a regular basis.
4. A discussion of one of the greatest Spanish writers Benito Perez Galdos and the reasons for his marginalization in the world literature.
5. A review of Cordelia Fine's brilliant Delusions of Gender: How Our Minds, Society, and Neurosexism Create Difference, in which she offers a wealth of scientific evidence that demonstrates the fallacy of gender essentialism.
6. Age and the flow of time.
7. And, of course, my most important accomplishments of year 2010. :-)
If there are any topics you would like me to address, or if you have a question you want to see answered, feel free to mention it in the comment section.