Sunday, March 13, 2011

New Template

Dear Readers:

I felt that the template I've been using started getting on my nerves a little bit. So I decided to change things around. Of course, if everybody hates the new template, I will switch back. Or, alternatively, I can keep experimenting. 

Please tell me how you feel about the new template. There is a poll in the right-hand column, so feel free to vote. Any comments on the comparative advantages of the two templates (or on life in general) will also be appreciated. If there are any specific things you don't like about the new template (the width of the window, the colors, etc.), I'd love to hear about it. Also, it would be great to know whether this template loads slower or faster than the previous one.

Thanks for the feedback and for reading the blog!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like this theme a lot better -- not that the old one was terrible or anything. Looks good.

-Mike

el said...

The words on the previous template were bolder, easier to read. On my computer I see the poll, total pageviews, e-mail, comments (when I open only them, not an entire post) as black on white, but your posts look like not bold black on gray-ish color. Could it be a bit whiter or words a bit bolder?

Pen said...

The page loads faster on this template than the last. And the color scheme seems to be a bit more easy on my eyes, at least.

Rimi said...

Quite excellent. And as Pen said, loads way faster.

feMOMhist said...

so minimalist, so chic.

Anonymous said...

Hola compañera,
I used to like the previous one a lot, but I think it was time for a change, quite appropriate for the times since they are a-changin'!
The new look is cleaner, sharper, more professional... which in this case is a good thing I think...
Keep it!

Pagan Topologist said...

I liked the first one best. If I recall, I think it was the same as the one on my blog. It was quicker than either the bookshelf one or the current one to load into my browser. But I like the new one better than the bookshelf one.

Clarissa said...

I think the first one was a little garish because I didn't know how to adjust colors at that time.

It seems like people mostly prefer this one to the bookshelf, so I'm glad.

Canukistani said...

I like it too. By the way, Happy Pi Day. It's March 14 or 3.14. Here's a song for today. Bye bye American Pi for all you math geeks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_vwPmsDyyQ

Clarissa said...

Unfortunately, I can't sing for my students. But this is a great video, thank you Canukistani!

Anonymous said...

Hate it compared to the other one! Having books in the background reflected who you are. Now it is just too plain, although I do like the font better.

Marina