People are writing in more and more often, asking if I'd be willing to read and review their books. I'm not at all averse to doing that. If you are considering sending me a book for review, here are some things to keep in mind:
1. Send your proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org. Don't forget to mention your book's title, genre, and page length. Also, provide a brief summary.
2. I reserve the right to express my honest opinion about the book. If I don't like it, the review will reflect that.
3. Hard copies of books are preferred. I read too much off a computer screen as it is, and it hurts my eyes. Of course, if the book sounds really interesting, I'll accept it anyway in the .pdf format.
4. Don't send any books until I explicitly agree to review them.
5. I will not review any of the following:
* romance novels;
* anything to do with zombies or vampires;
* books on mafia and organized crime;
* books where the main character is the President of the US;
* books that contain more than one car chase;
* books where martial arts are important;
* books about the CIA;
* books where somebody is dying of cancer for over 15% of the entire length of the book.
No offense, people, I just don't get this kind of books, so it makes no sense to expect me to write intelligent reviews.
6. I'd be willing to accept for review books in the following languages:
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T