Friday, January 21, 2011

Done!

I have finally submitted my grant proposal 24 minutes ago. This is my second grant proposal ever (the first one was rejected), and I have to say that I find the whole experience of grant writing to be extremely painful. Grant writing has a language of its own that I haven't had a chance to master yet. At this point I don't even care all that much if I get the grant. I'm just happy the incredibly tedious work of developing the proposal and filling out the requisite paperwork is completed. My colleagues have been great in helping me develop the proposal and supporting my efforts. It's so wonderful not to work at a department where everybody is competitive and at each other's throats all the time.

Tomorrow, I am planning to celebrate by going to a Chinese restaurant for the first time in my life and also going to see a movie. I will share with you my impressions of both these experiences.

2 comments:

KT said...

The best Chinese restaurant around here is the Buffet City downtown. The shrimps there are heavenly, not to mention the ice cream dessert, the fruits and everything else. Well, it's a buffet. What do you expect. It's the best place I've eaten so far.

Denny said...

Oh, noes! Your first time eating in a Chinese restaurant and the best place around is a buffet?! I don't know if I should laugh or cry. Please keep an open mind until you've had Chinese food in a major city with a significant Chinese presence.