Saturday, January 15, 2011

Random Posts Widget

I just added a Random Posts Widget to the blog. It brings up posts from the past on a random basis, showing how many comments they got and allowing to read more from the posts you find interesting. These widget reminded me about some of the posts that I wrote a while ago and forgot about completely since then. I think this widget is cute, but feel free to tell me if you hate it. Also, if you know of other curious widgets supported by Blogger that you'd like to see here, let me know.

P.S. I can see that the new gadget is really popular by the number of visits it got. A tip: if you refresh the home page, the gadget will bring up different posts every time. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Tom Carter said...

I like the random posts. However, just from a space management standpoint, I'd reduce the number of posts to one or two to avoid taking up some much sidebar space. But it's an interesting addition.

Anonymous said...

Can you number The comments on a post? During an active thread it would be easier to find comments to double check contents when writing a Reply.