Sunday, January 9, 2011

International Sundays

For some reason I am yet to identify, Sundays are international days on this blog. The majority of visitors are from other countries, unlike on other days of the week when most of the readers are American and Canadian. I always visit my Statcounter on Sundays in order to see which countries are visiting the blog right now. In case you are as curious as I am, here are the most recent visitors (within the last hour or so):

Netherlands Zwolle, Overijssel, Netherlands
United States Santa Ana, California, United States
Ukraine Donetsk, Donets'ka Oblast', Ukraine (This happens very very rarely. Welcome, compatriot!)
United States Kenosha, Wisconsin, United States
Norway Oslo, Norway (From my favorite country in the world, too!)
Turkey Izmir, Turkey
United States Lafayette, California, United States (Anybody who comes from a place called "Lafayette" is a dear guest here, so please keep coming)
Denmark Aarhus, Midtjyllen, Denmark
United States Orange, California, United States
Latvia Jelgava, Jelgavas, Latvia (Finally, my very first visitor from Latvia)
United States Elgin, Illinois, United States
United States Dallas, Texas, United States
Lithuania Vilnius, Vilniaus Apskritis, Lithuania
Germany Bovenden, Niedersachsen, Germany (Germans are rare on this blog, so I'm glad this person came).
Greece Athens, Attiki, Greece
Indonesia Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
Lithuania Vilnius, Vilniaus Apskritis, Lithuania
United Kingdom London, United Kingdom
France Paris, Ile-de-france, France
Canada Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Spain Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain (Yay, a person from Spain!)
Sweden Luleå, Norrbottens Lan, Sweden (People from Sweden come quite often)
United States Batavia, Illinois, United States
Canada Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Slovenia Kranj, Bohinj, Slovenia (I have many regular visitors from this place for some reason)
United Kingdom Burgess Hill, West Sussex, United Kingdom
Ireland Dublin, Ireland
Italy Taranto, Puglia, Italy
United States Norwood, Massachusetts, United States
Denmark Copenhagen, Hovedstaden, Denmark

Isn't this cool, people?

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Often reading your blog on my Sony Reader and not on the website so also greetings from a Japanese/German living in Graz, Austria :)

Clarissa said...

Wow, that's cool! Nice to have you here. :-)

Teja said...

Clarissa,
I'm the "Kranj, Bohinj, Slovenia" visitor :) I'm actually from a town near the capital (Ljubljana), but for some reason my location is always listed as Kranj on statcounters. Anyway, I'm a regular reader, that's why you get a lot of hits from me :) (I'm a cultural studies student and I find a lot of things you're writing about very interesting and useful). Well, I just wanted to say hi :)
Greetings from Slovenia!
-Teja

Clarissa said...

It's great to have you here, Teja. :-)

This has turned out to be a very useful post because people are making themselves known (to me), which is great.

Liese4 said...

Maybe it's because when they come at a time on Sunday, it's actually Monday over there. My husband has been in Iraq for almost 3 months now and he still can't remember what day it is here, right now it's Saturday here and there, but in a few hours it will be Sunday morning over there.

When he calls on Skype every night, it's the start of his day, but our tomorrow. We stopped saying 'tomorrow' and 'yesterday' for that reason. It's confusing.

Clarissa said...

I wish your husband a very safe tour and a happy reunion with his family very soon!!!