A poor student wronged by mean, horrible me has been inundating everybody with complaints. According to him, I gave him a failing grade (which caused him to be expelled from the university) just for (note the wording here) plagiarizing. The entire university is abuzz with worry. Oh, our poor baby! How could this have happened to him? Is it fair to expel a student just for plagiarizing?
Of course, what the badly used student forgot to mention is that:
- he missed 11 out of 28 class meetings;
- he didn't participate in class discussions a single time;
- he got a grade of zero for every single written in-class assignment;
- he didn't show up for two out of 4 mini-quizzes;
- he didn't show up for two out of three exams;
- he failed the final exam;
- he failed to turn in one of the papers;
- the only two papers he did turn in were copy-pasted from the Internet.
So how could he have possibly failed this course??