Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Mike Was Right!

This is why I love blogging, people. As soon as I published my plans for the summer vacations, readers started writing in with useful advice. I'm still very unfamiliar with the US geography and am likely to become completely lost. Mike, a fellow blogger and a resident of Florida, suggested that travelling to Tampa will turn out to be much cheaper than going to Daytona Beach instead. 

So I did some research, and, of course, it turns out that Mike was completely right. I found a much higher quality hotel in Tampa for $350 less. So, of course, that's where we are going. I'm very happy.

Thank you, Mike! I owe you a huge drink.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha, glad I could help. I hope you have fun here. I'll send you my email address if you don't have it already so we can talk about that drink. :-) And any other "what to do" type of things I can think of.

-Mike

Clarissa said...

And then we can both blog about the meeting of the bloggers. :-)

Thank you, Mike!!!

liese4 said...

Go here to find events and art attractions going on, I don't know when you're headed to Tampa. http://www.artstampabay.com/ A foodie place to check out in Tampa: Mazzaro's Italian Market.

Tampa isn't too far from Clearwater Fl where Winter the dolphin lives at Clearwater marine aquarium and really nice beaches there too.

And while this place is about an hour away from Tampa: http://boktowergardens.org/ it's a cool place to go and it's just a nice drive.

Anonymous said...

OK, I am feeling inspired by Mike and thinking of going to Caladesi. It's a state park so you can perhaps camp. I have a tent and a kayak. Neither gets enough use.

Clarissa said...

Thank you, liese. I ended up choosing Clearwater, precisely. :-)

profacero: Caladesi looks beautiful. It is more of a place for people who are active and like camping/hiking/nature. Which is the opposite of what I enjoy.

Anonymous said...

I am looking at map, all inspired, and it is a long drive, I should go to nearer beaches probably. It just seems really exotic that far down. Good to know about, though.