Saturday, May 14, 2011

Philosophy Conference, Update

So remember that conference on philosophy that I was dying to attend? My talk proposal has been accepted! Thank you everybody who encouraged me to apply even though I do not specialize in philosophy and have had no formal training in the discipline. I'm extremely happy that I didn't choose the safe bet of a conference in my field where everybody gets accepted and instead went for something much more difficult but a lot more fun.

I will blog about my debut as a philosopher at length.

5 comments:

el said...

Will you blog what philosophy is too, please? Otherwise, understanding about debut will be harder. I guess most of your readers know already? :(

el said...

Were my 3 comments lost? 1 on this post, 2 on movies' recs post, 3 - a long one- on post about Hugo. In Spam again?

Clarissa said...

That's so weird. I published the comments and I can see them on the Dashboard, but they are not appearing here. Blogger must be doing the crazy thing again.

Not to worry, I'll rescue them manually.

And yes, I am absolutely writing about philosophy, I know I have been promising for a while.

liese4 said...

Once you're done, you can make philosophical quotes like these:


A man with one watch knows what time it is; a man with two watches is never quite sure. ~Lee Segall


Begin at the beginning and go on till you come to the end; then stop. ~Lewis Carrol, Alice in Wonderland


Believe those who are seeking the truth. Doubt those who find it. ~Andre Gide


Beware lest you lose the substance by grasping at the shadow. ~Aesop


Only that in you which is me can hear what I'm saying. ~Baba Ram Dass

Or just make comments on Blogger when they go down :)

Clarissa said...

That's exactly what philosophy does: it gives you MANY watches. :-)