Wednesday, May 18, 2011

The Wordpress Version

So here is the WordPress version of this blog:


Do check it out and tell me how you feel about it. Don't be too critical just yet because it already took me forever to establish it and move all the posts, pages, archives, and most of the comments to the new blog.

I know that everybody is going to hate it at first and it takes time to get used to the new format, etc. Believe me, I'm already freaked out about the entire thing. But it does seem like WordPress is more secure, it offers a lot more options for bloggers and there is a Blackberry app that will make blogging on the go even easier. 

Please visit and express opinions. What's good, what's bad, what's missing? 

Nothing is final yet and I can always cancel the transfer to WordPress.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's much easier to leave anonymous comments on wordpress than on blogspot so it works for me. It's annoying when blogspot opens a new window when I want to submit a comment. Also I like that wordpress remembers my (anonymous) name so I don't need to sign 'Stringer' at the end of every post I write. Plus wordpress seems more aesthetically pleasing.

Good luck with your move/backup.

Stringer

Clarissa said...

Thank you for the support, friend! Maybe you'll be so kind as to leave a comment on the WordPress version of the blog, so that I can see if I can moderate them successfully?

Anonymous said...

Done.

Stringer

Pagan Topologist said...

I like having a new window open when I read and post comments. I can easily refer to the post while the comment window is open, if I need to check something. I am always a bit annoyed when someone has a blog setup so that a new window does not open when I go to comments, since I can only refer to the post from memory. This keeps comments shorter and simpler, but it also means I will be less likely to bother.

In othe rwords, Stringer is wrong.

Pagan Topologist said...

Does Wordpress allow the lists of recent comments and random posts?

Clarissa said...

Oh yes, it has a lot of widgets. A lot more than Blogger. I just placed the recent comments one there. It will take a while for me to learn about all the widgets, of course.

Anonymous said...

I haven't been very thorough yet, but I did notice that the Wordpress version of your blog runs much faster than this one. Yay!


Cheers

Clarissa said...

Thanks! This one has been acting all day again today.

KT said...

Congrats on your move to Wordpress. Not only will you get new readers (I like the domain name, by the way), you will also find it easier - much easier - to customize and to catch spammers. Now you won't have to moderate comments anymore. Wordpress can figure out your trusted commenters and let them in while moderating only the new ones (and only for once before they become trusted commenters). You'll love it.

Clarissa said...

Why are you commenting here then? :-)

I'm still trying to figure out how to let the settings just post comments from trusted commenters. This will take a while, my friend. :-)